Today’s question is from an Academic Advisor at one of our college partners:
“What Skills in Excel are important for Access?”
Good Question. Microsoft Office is a suite of software. To rely solely on one app, say Microsoft t Excel, misses the point. The Office apps work together. Access is a powerful tool for getting good data. Excel is how you analyze and visualize that information.
These are the TOP TEN TOOLS in Microsoft Excel that are used in Access:
- Format TEXT (UPPER, LOWER, SUBSTITUTE)
- Combine TEXT from different cells (CONCATENANTE)
- Find the DATE: Month, Day, Year
- Calculate the payment (FINANCIAL)
- BONUS: Find the best payment (SCENARIOS)
- LOOKUP the information in a Table
- Calculate SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN and COUNT
Sixty Minutes to Success: Sign In to Learn More
Our promise: No cost or ankle biters.